We takes pride to be the first retailer ahead of downtown retailers in Hong Kong to debut Casio’s latest and newest addition to its legendary TR line – EXILIM TR50 – at its three “Sound & Vision Enriching Life” stores and two “Fortress” electronics stores at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA).
We are honoured with the continued extension of the pre-launch privilege by Casio for this widely acclaimed “Selfie Genie”, following the previous successful Asian airport premieres of the award-winning Casio EXILIM TR-100 and TR-150 at HKIA in 2011 and 2012 respectively. Both products have paved the way for continuous model development which is now already up to the sixth generation with the latest TR50. They have also gone on to become on-going success with record-breaking sales in Hong Kong, ranking No. 1 as Hong Kong’s top selling camera according to GfK Report 2013.
Over the years, we have gained privileges in many unique electronics offerings, capitalising on its category insights and strategic partnerships with brands. The ultimate aim is to continuously enhance HKIA’s electronics choices with innovative, value-added and meaningful offers for the travellers.
Commenting about the premier launch said “Thanks to the brand’s continued trust and confidence with us, we are delighted to be the first local electronics retailer to launch Casio’s new EXILIM TR50. The launch underlines our mission of constantly keeping our airport passengers ahead of time when it comes to offering first-of-its-kind and cutting-edge technological innovations. In premiering this new camera which largely appeals to “selfie” lovers, we are confident that it will further strengthen our strategy to capture the growing trends of travelling women and younger segment. We will continue to work closely with our brands and vendor partners to bring airport passengers the ultimate unique and delightful shopping experience.”
Social media and mobile web has given rise to a modern life phenomenon and trend of “selfie”, especially among the younger crowd. Casio first released the EXILIM TR line of digital cameras in 2011, introducing a first-of-its-kind 360° rotating frame and 270° rotating display which revolutionised the photo-taking experience and became immensely popular among young women especially for its slim and lightweight design. The design of the camera, including the placement of the shutter button- which is at the side of the swivel for ergonomic comfort, has been carefully thought out for capturing selfies with ease and convenience. The earlier Casio EX-TR models were sold out within the first couple months, and even though the EX-TR50 is just announced to release in the market, there is already a long waiting list at major retailers.
“Made in Japan” and designed specifically for self-portraits, the many new unique features of Casio EXILIM TR50 vs its predecessors include:
- The high sensitivity 1/1.7-inch CMOS sensor combined with a newly developed lens with outstanding optic qualities and a high brightness LED for capturing beautiful images even in dark or backlit conditions;
- “Make-up Plus” which allows even finer adjustments to enhance skin beauty when combining with the standard “Smooth Skin” feature;
- “Make-up Bracketing” which can capture three images of varying “Skin Tone” make-up effects with just a single press of the shutter button for you to select at your preference;
- The newly updated GUI features menu icon layouts that correspond to the camera’s vertical and horizontal orientation and touch screen controls which make taking self-portraits easy.
- Finally, the Wi-Fi function that enables remote shooting with smartphone and then transmit photos from the camera to smartphone immediately after photo-shooting will add enjoyable new versatility to photographic experience.